Gurdwara Sahib Batu Pahat, Johor
Published on Nil | by allaboutsikhs.com
View this post on Instagram
• MALAYSIA🇲🇾 SAMAGAMS Photos | Gurudwara Sahib Batu Pahat (MALAYSIA), December 2018 | ‘Fauj Akaal KI’ Jatha Date: 21 DECEMBER 2018 Diwaan Location: Gurudwara Sahib Batu Pahat (MALAYSIA) 🇲🇾 Jatha’ Fauj Akaal Ki’ Daas Bhai Sarabjit Singh Ji (DELHI WALE) Images of Diwaan MALAYSIA 🇲🇾 for Gurmat Parchar ~~~~~~~~~ Facebook Information Updates: https://www.facebook.com/FaujAkaalKi Instagram: www.instagram.com/FaujAkaalKi FOR ANY INFO,CONTACT: +919278301555 | whatsapp ~~~~
A post shared by Fauj Akaal Ki Jatha (@faujakaalki) on
A long time ago, Batu Pahat was known as Pulau Island and Sungai Batu Pahat was known as Sungai Kundur. They were merely small settlements that was opened by high ranked and well known people such as penghulu’s (village head man) and leaders.
For example, during the Sultan Hussin’s ruling in Singapore and Johor, two of the Melayu Daik’s leaders and another leader from Simpang Kiri who was known as Rapang, who a descendant from Orang Besar Pahang had a meeting with Sultan Hussin. Both of them were bestowed as village leaders for the villages they came from by Sultan Hussin in 1834.
Due to the development of the small settlements, Batu Pahat grew rapidly and massively. Later in 1885 three English men named Stiple, Jackson and Watt opened a coffee plantation at the foothill of Bukit Penggaram near Pengkalan Jeram. The wholesaler that worked the plantation was a Chinese named Lim Soo Poon. He soon became rich and built 4 brick houses nearby Sungai Batu Pahat.
Efforts to open the Batu Pahat town was made in 1888 by Dato’ Yahya bin Awaluddin who also known as Dato’ Yahya Tinggi in some areas in Bukit Senangin, Kampung Tambak, on the right banks of Sungai Batu Pahat. But his efforts failed because of unsuitable geographical and economical factors. On the contrary, based on some of the old belief, some of the area cannot be opened as town because in the end the town will end up inflated (masuk angin).
In the end, those places would be abandoned just like that. In the same year, another prominent called Dato’ Yahya Rendah tried to open the town in the Senangar area but also failed because at that time some old men were superstitious of the old saying “you will end up dumbfounded”.
The Federal Government then bought the palace in 1957, to be converted into the Istana Negara. Since then it had undergone several renovations and extensions. But the most extensive upgrading was carried out in 1980, as it was the first time that the Installation Ceremony of His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong was held at the Istana Negara. Prior to this the Installation Ceremonies were held at the Tunku Abdul Rahman Hall in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.
This majestic building is nestled within a serene and beautiful 11.34-hectare compound with a variety of plants and flowers, swimming pool and indoor badminton hall. It is located at Syed Putra Road right in the heart of the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. The building has several halls for specific purposes such as the two main halls, the Throne Hall (Balairong Seri) and the Audience Hall (Dewan Mengadap) on the ground floor.
The whole area is fenced up and the Royal Insignia of His Majesty is placed on each steel bar between two pillars of the fence. At the front of the Istana Negara, there is the main entrance which resembles a beautiful arch. On each side of the arch, are two guard posts to shelter two members of the cavalry in their smart full dress uniform similar to the ones at Buckingham Palace, London.
As the palace grounds are not opened to members of the public or tourists, the Main Palace Entrance is a favourite picture spot for tourists.